Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

November 4, 2008: He Won't Even Look At Me


He won’t even look at me......






Current mood:sad

My mom and dad were with me in June when I had the consultation with my surgeon.  Being in the medical field, it was comforting to have them there asking the questions I wouldn't have thought of.  Although most of my dad's questions were about quadrants and other medicalese fancy-talk, he did impress my doctor.  She had to look through the file to answer most of his questions.  Then he asked about my other breast.  My doctor explained that since the mammo was ok, no other tests were ordered.  My dad ordered them.

I went to have an ultrasound where they found two more questionable masses.  I had two more biopsies and had to wait for the results.  My surgery was scheduled for that Tuesday and I didn't want to have to do it, only to find out I had to go back and have surgery on the other breast. I seriously wanted to postpone it til I got the results.  Well, luckily the tests came back negative and surgery went on as planned.

My dad is a dedicated doctor and a very hard worker.  I understood when he wasn't able to be there for my surgery.  My mom and kids were along with Gary, Susan and Darci, that's what mattered. I was not alone.  I understood when he was too busy to talk to me on the phone about my treatment options.  I understood why he couldn't call me when I was in the hospital because he was tired from working all day and playing with the baby.  But I don't understand why he won't look at me.....

The last time I stayed with my parents down south, I noticed how uncomfortable it was for my dad to look at me.  When I hugged him he did the "pat on the back" thing.  When I came down for breakfast I sat at the table and he got up and put his dish in the sink, claiming he was done.  When I went in the living room to watch the Charger game with him, he went upstairs.  When I went upstairs to sit with him, he went downstairs to the kitchen.  Why?

Today I called to tell him I was going to visit soon and he quickly handed the phone to my mom.  I asked my mom if I was ugly, because dad won't look at me, she just said...."You know how he is...." 

I don't know what to do.  He won't even look at me........

No comments:

Post a Comment