Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blogs From the Past: The Journey 1

Subject: Ok, I get it! I’ll use sunblock! 
Category: Life 
5/14/2008 
Mood: Impatient

I used to have the cutest little beauty mark on my tummy.  About the size of a ladybug, perfectly round.  It was during my last doctor's appointment that I noticed it was starting to look like a little heart.  I asked my doctor about it and after examining it, he referred me to a dermatologist.
It took me awhile to see this doctor, I started getting all kinds of images in my head about...what if its...uh...what I do?  I made myself sick thinking about it.  It got to the point that fire zombies were visiting me in my dreams trying to bite off my cute little heart shaped beauty mark.  I couldn't even talk about it.  Well, the doctor's office finally called me and scheduled the appointment.  Ok, I made the first step with a little help.
The doctor and I decided to remove the whole thing, ..ouch...the second step.  I have a bigger mark in its place, but that's okay.  The doctor asked me how much time I spend in the sun and if I used sunblock.  I never thought I had to use sunblock.  I'm in the sun all the time.  I'm at the beach, by the pool...I never think about it, really.  The doctor recommended an SPF of at least 50.  Wow!  50?  Well...ok, oh yeah, for sure...if thats what it takes to keep the fire zombies away I'll do it!  Even if it's cloudy!  Shit...even if it's nightime in the rain!
Well, I haven't gotten the results yet.  It hasn't even been a week.  But I'm definitely covering up!  An ounce of prevention right?  I'm feeling a little anxious, but then again, I'm always kinda anxious....I can't help it.  While I'm waiting for the results...I scheduled a mammogram.  Great...hope the zombies don't find out.  I don't want them anywhere near my mammoes

No comments:

Post a Comment